View Single Post
Old 12-23-06, 04:41 PM   #1
Rayman1968
Hairy and ape-like

Default WTF?? Ntune killed my system

Not being real familiar with overclocking I decided to run the Ntune utility on my new system. I was running the 20 minute 'coarse tuning'. About 12 minutes into it the program says it's changing the CPU FSB. Then the system bluescreens and reboots. During POST I get a message that windows can not load because C:\windows\system\config is either missing or corrupt and I'll need to do a recovery from the Windows CD (XP SP2).

So I start the recovery process. At the end it finally says it can not configure the system and I need to contact the administrator. I reboot and right after the Windows XP loading screen I still get the BSOD. Bad_Pool_Header with no hex code. Can't get into safe mode either.

I set the defaults in the BIOS and cleared the CMOS thinking Ntune must have jacked something in the BIOS but I still get the bluescreen.

Is a reformat my only way out here? I'm scared that even after a reformat I'm still going to get that BSOD rendering my system useless.
E6700 @ 3.5 (1.39v) w/Zalman CNPS 9500LED | eVGA 680i | GTX285 | 150 gig WD Raptor 10k rpm SATA | 2 gigs (2 x 1gig) G.Skill F2-6400CL3D @ 960Mhz 4-4-4-12 (2.1v) | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro | Silverstone Zeus 850w PSU | Silverstone TJ-03 | BenQ 24" FP241W
Rayman1968 is offline   Reply With Quote