View Single Post
Old 12-26-06, 08:10 PM   #4
Hambone

Default Re: E6600 + Zalman 9700 Temp Check Please (luv a newb - it's Christmas!)

That makes me feel a bit better. I kept seeing things like "E6600 Max Temp = 60c" and "At idle I'm at 26c".

Thermal Past Redo:
I used some Artic Silver 5 as per the directions from their website for a C2D. I applied a single thin line directly over the chip area. This bought me about 2c better temps. Hopefully the temps will get a bit better when the AC breaks in (200hours their site says).

Zalman 9700 Problem?
-I mounted the bracket on where one side is pointing toward the RAM and the other side is pointing toward the rear of the case. I don't know if this is normal or not but while it seemed like it was on tight I could rotate it pretty freely.

I just did my first overclock:
-3.0Ghz
-Vcore: 1.40v

Under 100% load from a Prime95 instance on each core (1 hour into it) I'm getting temps that are bouncing around between 51c -to- 57c. The average seems to be about 54c on each core, although from looking at the TAT log they can stay around 52c for long periods. The 57c hit only happened once during the hour Prime95 has been on so far.

If 62c is OK I'll keep going. I just want to make it up to 3.4Ghz.
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote