View Single Post
Old 12-29-06, 11:08 PM   #26
slick
Play with conviction.

Default Re: WoW - post your mains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64
Actually as a pally ( I was first a pally before a rogue ) Warlocks are easy to get away from, thats my build, holy/protection, so I can pretty much survive anything thrown at me. But as a rogue, I can kill a warlock with 2-3 hits, the thing here is I HAVE to be cloaked because i get a 10% boost in damage, plus i have to hit from behind with a ambush and thats around 1800-2000 damage and then a backstab, thats another 1400-1600 damage, and maybe throw a eviscerate at the end. I have not tried the cloak of shadows yet cause i love my build right now and it works pretty good. However, if im not cloaked im pretty much dead so its extremely important that you are always hidden, run back and get out of combat and recloak. I count on the element of surprise. Cloak of shadows is getting nerfed though from what i understand, its going to require level 66 when expansion hits.
CloS isn't getting nerfed, quite the contrary. It's getting buffed in TBC. It's going to become a trainable class skill, like you said, available at level 66. However, its cooldown is being reduced to 1 minute. On the flip side, it will no longer be affected by prep, which is a downer, but CloS on a 1 minute CD is nothing short of sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64
Here is my build for Rogue
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ihxb0xZGcZE0ecc0oc

With this build all you gotta do is cloak and then hit a mage or warlock behind with ambush and then another backstab and they are pretty much dead, after that hit vanish, rinse and repeat. The thing i like about this is that you have preperation just in case you need another to make sure the person is dead. You have to be fast though before anyone finds out and puts some dots on you lol. I can kill players right next to their group without them even knowing cause ill be gone before they know it I love rogues!

Use that build and you'll be one of the first 3 on the list after a game, always worked for me.

Demo video of how it works.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KwZ5IcdfiLY
I don't mean to be offensive here, but your playstyle on the rogue is very elementary. You're basically crit praying with ambushes and backstabs, and if those don't kill the person (which they won't on anything with more armor than a clothy) then you're screwed. Not to mention that any mage or warlock that's worth his salt is going to have you CC'd the second after your ambush lands.

The rogue class isn't about a lot of big numbers really fast, it's all about control. The rogue has to be in control of the fight at all times or he has already lost. Hemo/CloS stunlock is far and away the best build right now. It offers the best fight control and survivability possible, while still providing high, consistent DPS that is not reliant upon yellow crits. I won't bother going into the logistics of how it's played, but here's a good video that will demonstrate the power of the build. It is nothing but 1v2's in the arena.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...011&q=Mortgasm