View Single Post
Old 01-03-07, 04:32 AM   #168
agentkay

Default Re: Official Flight Simulator X Thread

The hicups are caused by the rather poor performance of the texture streaming and auto-gen landscape and on top of that AI eats roughly 10-15fps alone as well. If they had properly multi-threaded FSX you wouldnt see the problem.

BTW, Im using also TrackIR and I set the framerate to 35fps, which seems to me a decent compromise and works nicely in the slower planes but low altitude in one of the faster ones, combined in a more dense area, result in rather poor performance.

I also tend to disable the turbulance/thermal lift options since its buggy anyway and only wasting cpu cycles.

The only 8800 problem that I found in FSX are the missing selfshadows on the planes.

At this point Im not even flying in FSX because its more annoying than enjoyable. Im waiting for the first major patch (due January-February??) and hope it solves some of the issues.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote