View Single Post
Old 04-29-03, 08:12 AM   #1
WaxyLemon
GeForce 4 Ti 4600

Post 4363 SMP Deadlock

Andy,

Thanks for your hard work in bringing the linux drivers to stability and for monitoring this site. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate having someone from Nvidia listen to us and interact with us.

After the DFP+SMP bug got fixed in the 4363 release I decided to give it a shot yesterday. The X server started up nicely, but unfortunately made it only about 30 minutes before another problem re-appeared. The X server appears to be in deadlock, failing to process any events but managing to use up 100% of all processors. This issue has been discussed for release 4191 but to my knowledge has not yet been resolved.

Before I spend too much time trying to isolate what is causing this, is anyone else still having this problem or did it clear up for other users in this release?

My system specs follow. Please see attached for X configuration file. More information is available upon request.

SuperMicro X5DAE Mobo (Intel E7505)
GeForce 4 Ti 4600 AGP [NV25]
Dual P4 Xeon 2.4GHz
Dual Sony SDM-X72 Digital Displays

Software:
RedHat 9 (with all current updates)
Kernel 2.4.20-9

Notes:
Does not seem to be affected by AGP being disabled, CRT vs DFP, kernel version, glibc version, etc.

Relevant to all releases later than 3123. (That is to say, I am using 3123 since it does not have this problem.)

Update:
I was just looking through the release notes and noticed the info about disabling APIC. I will try this when I get home tonight.
WaxyLemon is offline   Reply With Quote