View Single Post
Old 01-05-07, 01:57 PM   #5
nrdstrm

Default Re: Vanguard NDA lifted

Sorry to rain on your parade guys, but I'm enjoying myself. I've been in since beta 2 (same as Magus I think), and the game has come a long way. Sure some things aren't in that they wanted. Name me an MMO that launches with all the things that were talked about! Anyway, I guess it all comes down to personal preference. I currently like it better than any other MMO on the market. That doesn't mean I'm not still looking at other games, and to be honest, if it was my "ideal" game I wouldn't be looking at other MMO's. But I will be playing this at (the way to early) launch.

Perhaps your hopes were TOO sky high. I didn't go into beta with any preconcieved expectations, so I suppose that could be why I'm enjoying it more than you guys. BTW, I've seen plenty of POSITIVE reviews from beta testers too, so it's not JUST me...

**EDIT**
@ Magus - As far as performance goes, if your getting in the 20's, 1 of 2 things is going on.
1) Something is TERRIBLY wrong with your system or
2) Your omitting alot of factors.

The only time I drop into the 20's is in towns/cities. I'm getting 50-80FPS in ANY wild area. Khal is the worst by far, where I sometimes even drop to the teens. And yeah, the game is indeed a big resource hog and many players will be turned off by playing on "low" where the graphics look like EQ...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote