View Single Post
Old 01-06-07, 01:02 AM   #16
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Re: Vanguard NDA lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm

**EDIT**
@ Magus - As far as performance goes, if your getting in the 20's, 1 of 2 things is going on.
1) Something is TERRIBLY wrong with your system or
2) Your omitting alot of factors.

The only time I drop into the 20's is in towns/cities. I'm getting 50-80FPS in ANY wild area. Khal is the worst by far, where I sometimes even drop to the teens. And yeah, the game is indeed a big resource hog and many players will be turned off by playing on "low" where the graphics look like EQ...
sorry to rain on YOUR parade, but you have an 8800GTX. Like I said, thats minimum requirement for the game. The game runs fine on my 8800GTX. However, I had a freaking 7950GX2 on that game and it ran like crap. 20's and MAYBE 30's. A game that requires an 8800GTX to play is not a good game in my opinion. Thats just ONE issue with the game. There are LOADS more problems than just graphics issues.

Just as some reference. Magus and I probably know more about MMORPG's than just about anyone on this forum(if not EVERYONE, its very close). The game simply is not good. It has nothing to do with if "I like it or not". Its not a good game. It will fail miserably and Sigil will be a company no longer. I guess thats what you get for trying to please both EQ fans and WoW fans. Two completely different style games that should STAY two completely different style games. If they would have chose either route they would have suceeded just by the name "Brad McQuaid". Sadly they wanted to maximize their profits, got greedy, and tried to please EVERYONE. Perfect recipe for failure.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote