View Single Post
Old 01-06-07, 01:24 PM   #3
tikcop1

Default Re: refresh rate of monitor

Lonni

Please find attached bug report. Report has been generated just after driver installation. I run the driver installation package in init 3 mode.

I am using KDE desktop. Can check it on KDesktop configuration (right click on screen and select proper tab).

I have revised myself bug report and noticed something that puzzled me a little bit
When building kernel folowing warning has appeared. In fact there are some other

WARNING: Symbol version dump /usr/src/linux-2.6.17-5mdv/Module.symvers
is missing; modules will have no dependencies and modversions.

Do I properly installed driver? Or I miss something? In xorg.log I' ve noticed so subdirectory nvidia does not longer exist. GLX is loaded anyway. Of course I can erase the line in xorg config file to avoid that error, but maybe that is a hint?

(II) LoadModule: "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so" (glx)
(WW) LoadModule: given non-canonical module name "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so
(EE) Unable to open /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so
(II) UnloadModule: "glx"
(EE) Failed to load module "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so" (open failed, 2)
(II) LoadModule: "glx"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so

I have also played a little bit with modelines in xorg conf and see so can establish different refresh rate but not the requested one, usually there are about 50-60 Mhz which is still not satisfactory.

The most promising one was
Modeline "1024x768@85" 94.50 1024 1072 1168 1376 768 769 772 808 +HSync +Vsync

After some other modeline modification I've notice the error in some log so monitor is going to use auto nvidia refresh line 1024*768 50 Mhz.

As you have more experience I am sure can help me to get requested 1024 768 85 Mhz.

Looking forward to hear from you
My best regards,
Tomasz
Attached Files
File Type: gz bug report.tar.gz (31.5 KB, 133 views)
tikcop1 is offline   Reply With Quote