View Single Post
Old 01-13-07, 05:02 AM   #1
ppurka

Default X Freeze with mplayer -vo xv

Hi,
After playing some particular video files with mplayer and using xv, the X server immediately freezes. It does not use any cpu, mplayer does not use any cpu, but the X server stops taking any input whatsoever. The only keys that the system responds to are the Magic-SysRq keys with which I can reboot the machine. Also, ssh into the machine works, but I am unable to generate a nvidia bug report using the script, since the script itself gets stuck at the point where it tries to
Code:
cat /proc/drivers/nvidia/cards/0
I had this noticed this problem earlier, but I did not have a video file with which I could reproduce this problem. However, mplayer invariably freezes X with the mpg file available at http://cored.org/prototype/iid/iid.mpg while using xvideo output. Using mplayer -vo x11 works fine.

The file generated by nvidia-bug-report.sh is attached (when not playing the video file). Also attached is the output of mplayer -msglevel 6, while playing the file using X11 as the video output driver. FYI, the output of the log file generated by nvidia-bug-report.sh when I use the xv driver is:
Code:

Start of NVIDIA bug report log file.  Please send this report,
along with a description of your bug, to linux-bugs@nvidia.com.

nvidia-bug-report.sh Version: 1634088

Date: Sat Jan 13 05:17:57 EST 2007
uname: Linux dabba 2.6.17-gentoo-r8 #1 PREEMPT Mon Dec 25 17:26:34 EST 2006 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

/proc/driver/nvidia/version
NVRM version: NVIDIA Linux x86 Kernel Module  1.0-9631  Thu Nov  9 17:38:10 PST 2006
GCC version:  gcc version 4.1.1 (Gentoo 4.1.1)

/proc/driver/nvidia/cards/0
Please let me know if you require any other information.
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mplayer.txt (4.6 KB, 118 views)
File Type: zip nvidia-bug-report.log.zip (30.0 KB, 103 views)
ppurka is offline   Reply With Quote