View Single Post
Old 01-15-07, 02:39 AM   #1
zap

Default Antialiasing in GL contexts

Hello!

I guess this is not quite the exact forum to post this kind of questions, but first it's Linux-driver-specific, and second, the programmer forum seems quite empty and I guess nobody reads it

I'm trying to programmatically enable antialiasing in my program, and can't find any way to do it. The 'glxinfo' program displays GLX_ARB_multisample as a supported extension, however, if I pass "GLX_SAMPLE_BUFFERS_ARB, GL_TRUE" to glXChooseFBConfig(), it always returns an empty list of fbconfigs.

However, if I do "export __GL_FSAA_MODE=4" before launching my program, antialiasing works! And even if I call putenv ("__GL_FSAA_MODE=4") before creating the GLX context, it doesn't work, I guess nvidia driver's looking at some other environment.

So what's the matter here? It seems the required support is built into the driver, but for some reason it doesn't provide any FSAA-capable visuals? Is there any way to enable antialiasing, other than modifying the environment variable before launching the program? The reason I need this is that I would like to change this setting from a setup dialog in my program.
zap is offline   Reply With Quote