View Single Post
Old 01-16-07, 12:50 AM   #86
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Default Re: Wonder how well you PC will run Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983
maybe you should learn english, i never mentioned poly counts or placement.
You didn't? But what you mentioned falls into that category.

Quote:
hard to tell when not in motion, but ur right i would just be guessing. some of the biggest problems with current aa tho are on very small polygons which arent rly an issue in those renders.
So what you are saying. Is that the issue with current AA is that it doesn't work right on very small polygons. The game you play is made out of polygons, which are placed in a certain fashion. Has nothing to do with how the AA looks.

If it doesn't work right on very small polies... Then my the AA on my model should look like ****. Most of the models consist of over 2 million polygons, quads, tris whatever you want to call them.

Maybe this will help you grasp it.

http://www.tweaktown.com/guides/601/1

Quote:
Antialiasing: Also called Full Screen Anti-Aliasing (FSAA) or simply Antialiasing (AA) for short. As the name implies, this is a method which counteracts the effects of aliasing. What's Aliasing? Well aliasing is the jaggedness and pixelation you see on computer images – particularly noticeable on things like the straight edges of walls, or the outline of buildings and terrain in 3D games. These jagged edges can even "sparkle" somewhat when you are moving around in a 3D environment. That effect can be overcome in two ways: by increasing the resolution at which your game displays (e.g. from 640x480 to 1024x768), and by the use of Antialiasing, or both. When AA is enabled, it uses your graphics card's hardware to blend the edges of the jagged lines and hence produce a smoother image.

EDIT: Here is a pic for you if you don't know what a polygon is. Since you apparently don't.

All the little squares, are polygons.

pol·y·gon: a figure, esp. a closed plane figure, having three or more, usually straight, sides.

Last edited by Roadhog; 01-16-07 at 01:01 AM.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote