View Single Post
Old 01-16-07, 10:39 PM   #107
icecold1983

Default Re: Wonder how well you PC will run Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Where does this idea of yours come from that a single graphics card should be able to run every title at 1920x1200 resolution at 40fps or more while 16xAA is activated?

Can you tell us, please? Because this has never, ever been the case as far as I can remember. If you're so pissed at the way that your setup is running, then there's an easy solution for it. Go SLI.

SLI works perfect on Oblivion, Dark Messiah, Call of Duty 2, Prey, and Tomb Raider Legend for me. The only title giving me trouble so far is Rainbow Six Vegas. So, again.. you exaggerate things.

What you should've done if you wanted better performance at higher resolutions is to go SLI. That is really the only thing that can handle 1920x1200/16xAA with really good framerates 100% of the time. All of those titles I listed above, including Dark Messiah--which you say brings the 8800GTX to its knees--run no less than 60fps on my system at any time.

So how about just quit bitching about this on every thread like you've been doing and either go buy a second card or wait for some drivers to come out that are more optimized.

It just seems absurd to me that you, one, expect a single card to play every game without slowing down at your crazy resolution that you're playing at, and two, that you expect a brand new architecture to have no problems balancing both DX9 and DX10 perfectly right off the bat. The drivers for this card are still early and Nvidia is having to program for two different operating systems--XP and Vista.
i never said i expect the 8800 to play every game at 1920 x 1200 with 16x aa, that was you or someone else who said NO CURRENT GAME CAN TEST THE 8800. i simply argued that fact.

btw in the games i listed i use 4x aa and still hit performance walls. the only reason im hesitant to go sli is some games just dont see an increase, teackmania being one. i also want to see the r600 b4 i make the decision to go sli.

1920 x 1200 isnt a crazy res, even the ps3 supports it in some games, likely to be many games in the future, with no framerate problems.
8800 gtx stock
x fi with 64 mb xram
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote