View Single Post
Old 01-17-07, 01:30 AM   #115
Xion X2

Default Re: Wonder how well you PC will run Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983
i never said i expect the 8800 to play every game at 1920 x 1200 with 16x aa, that was you or someone else who said NO CURRENT GAME CAN TEST THE 8800. i simply argued that fact.
Give me a break here icecold, eh? You've been hopping on every other thread discussing the 8800GTX or PC gaming in particular in this forum for the past few weeks bitching about how slow your computer runs some of these games.

Quote:
btw in the games i listed i use 4x aa and still hit performance walls.
Outside of Rainbow Six and Oblivion, I just don't see how that's possible. On a single GTX, playing at 1680x1050 and with 16xAA, I got anywhere from 55-60fps on FEAR most of the time. And it was the same for most other games, too. I already showed you what Call of Duty 2 played like at my resolution and 16xAA. But when I did that, you wanted to ramble on and on about what it played like on your system w/ 16xAA enabled. You never even mentioned what it ran like with only 4xAA enabled, so whatever, kid. Don't go sidestepping now acting like 4xAA is now good enough for you.

Quote:
teackmania being one. i also want to see the r600 b4 i make the decision to go sli.
Why didn't you just go with a much cheaper single-card motherboard like the Asus P5B Deluxe if that was the case? Why'd you spend the extra 100$ on an SLI motherboard?

Quote:
1920 x 1200 isnt a crazy res, even the ps3 supports it in some games, likely to be many games in the future, with no framerate problems.
Yeah, and in order to do that you'll get sh!tty texture resolution and filtering like is plaguing so many of the console titles right now.

Resistance: Fall of Man

Tiger Woods PGA 07

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote