View Single Post
Old 01-17-07, 01:01 AM   #117
icecold1983

Default Re: Wonder how well you PC will run Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Give me a break here icecold, eh? You've been hopping on every other thread discussing the 8800GTX or PC gaming in particular in this forum for the past few weeks bitching about how slow your computer runs some of these games.

Outside of Rainbow Six and Oblivion, I just don't see how that's possible. On a single GTX, playing at 1680x1050 and with 16xAA, I got anywhere from 55-60fps on FEAR most of the time. And it was the same for most other games, too. I already showed you what Call of Duty 2 played like at my resolution and 16xAA. But when I did that, you wanted to ramble on and on about what it played like on your system w/ 16xAA enabled. You never even mentioned what it ran like with only 4xAA enabled, so whatever, kid. Don't go sidestepping now acting like 4xAA is now good enough for you.

Why didn't you just go with a much cheaper single-card motherboard like the Asus P5B Deluxe if that was the case? Why'd you spend the extra 100$ on an SLI motherboard?

Yeah, and in order to do that you'll get sh!tty texture resolution and filtering like is plaguing so many of the console titles right now.

Resistance: Fall of Man

Tiger Woods PGA 07
well first of all its a 30% performance drop just to go to my resolution, then u have the extra around 7%~ cost of aa at the higher res over ur res. so right there thats a sizable drop in performance.

i d/led the cod 2 demo again and gave it a run thru at 1920 x 1200 4x/16x. avg fps was around 44 with drops to the 30s during certain scenes. i never mentioned what it played like on my system with 16x aa, i was just stating how it would likely perform based on how it performs with 4x aa. and i never mentioned or implied that i run my games with 16x aa. please quote the posts where i imply or state such.

and that brings me to my original point, when the 8800 already hits walls on current titles at 1920 x 1200, how do u people expect it to run crysis smoothly at an even higher res?

yes consoles have worse texture filtering and resolution than pcs, but they make up for it with much better lighting, much higher poly counts, better animation, and far more detail in general. crysis will be the first game to surpass the consoles graphically.
8800 gtx stock
x fi with 64 mb xram
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote