View Single Post
Old 01-20-07, 09:27 AM   #62
Ancient
Occasional User

Default Re: Post your HDTV displays here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabby
How do you like that set? Im contemplating between the sxrd and this one.
It's a great TV. It was on display next to the Sony when I bought it and, imo, had a better picture, but usually in-store displays aren't properly calibrated so without having a direct comparison of calibrated sets side-by-side at my house, it's hard to really say which one ultimately has the better picture.

The one gripe I do have is that the JVC only does 640x480 and 1024x768 over the VGA connection, and only does 1080i over component. Because of that I can't set the XBOX 360 to 1080P. I believe the Sony will do 1080P over the VGA connection so that's a definite plus for the Sony. Fortunately the JVC has a great internal scaler, so I'm not really missing much in that department. Additionally, the Sony has a wider range of user controls to adjust the picture. You can manage the same type of fine-grained control by going into the service menu of the JVC, but it would have been nice if they'd have put some of those, like geometry control, in the user menu instead.

If you can get the Sony for the same price as the JVC, go for the Sony. But I don't think you can go wrong with either set. Both are fine pieces of equipment.