View Single Post
Old 05-04-03, 12:33 PM   #1
Des

Default Problem with lastest nvidia driver.

I have a TNT2 Model 64 on a Soyo 7vba running Debian Woody. I downloaded and installed using the .run file the Nvidia drivers (including compiling the kernel module). Then configured /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 as the README. Everything works fine. Except for a little big detail.
When starting X a "video garbage" square appeared in the middle of the screen (I assume that should be the nvidia logo) and stays there. Everything works fine and the square disapeard if I change resolution (ctrl+alt+plus). After that I can come back to the original resolution (ctr+alt+minus), and the square is gone. The MAYOR problem is that if I kill X the green garbaged square reapear IN CONSOLE MODE taking like 1/4 of the screen. If I start X again is the samething. Changing between virtual terminals didn't help.
I can change to the virtual teminals (ctrl+alt+F1/F2/F3) when in X with no problem.
My XFree86 version is 4.2.1
I attach my XF86Config-4 file. I tryed the NoLogo option and NvAgp 1 (because of the README recomendation for my specific AGP controller) options but they didn't seem to work (agpgart is still there when I lsmod with X running).
I KNOW that THIS is the configuration X is using.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xf86config-4.txt (2.9 KB, 112 views)
Des is offline   Reply With Quote