View Single Post
Old 01-31-07, 12:16 PM   #11
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

Default Re: Talk about hitting the wall. Look at these PSP "sales"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
Nintendo is to handhelds as Microsoft is to operating systems.

Nintendo has proven time and time again, that they are the handheld King, but every once in a while a foolish company like Sony comes around and tries to topple them - and fails. To Sony's credit, they probably did the best out of anyone (though gamegear did decently), but I've heard rumors that Nintendo is going to announce the DS2.0 this year (announce not release) and supposedly it has gamecube caliber graphics which basically stomps any advantage the PSP has over it. Meanwhile the PSP will keep chugging along, but in a year or two it will wither up and die just like all of Nintendo's other competition.

BTW has anyone seen the demographic of people who own PSPs? It's hilarious. The only people walking around New York that have PSPs are the "thugged out" gangsta's. You know the ones with 5lbs of gold bling around their necks, and a 59/50 ballcap with the bill still flat and the price tag still attached. On the other hand people who walk around with a DS Lite are usually normal people.
Hmm I've got a PSP (and my friend does as well) and we're not "thugs" (i think..).. We're more of the canadian type.

Anyway, I absolutely love my PSP and wouldn't trade it for a DS ever. Where else can you get awesome Winning Eleven 9 and Metal Gear Portable Ops and Power Stone Collection and F1 2006. My favourite new thing is the PS1 emulator, I can play Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Gran Turismo 2.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote