View Single Post
Old 02-05-07, 12:47 AM   #11
Charles.Swenson
Professor

Default Re: 1080i Bug with Component Video Output 6150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimholt3
It was due to not forcing the TVOutFormat to COMPONENT and the TVStandard to HD1080i. Both of these settings are documented in the Nvidia README for the latest release of the drivers (version 9746).
Thanks, this fixed my problems too. I added lines to my xorg.conf file so it now looks like:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Videocard0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
BoardName "GeForce 6150"
Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "False"
Option "TVOutFormat" "COMPONET"
Option "TVStandard" "HD720p"
# Option "TVStandard" "HD1080i"
# Option "TVOverScan" "0.5"
EndSection

I uncomment either the HD720p or the HD1080i lines and the component video output has good color and is crisp in either mode. But........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimholt3
So now my problem is that the Linux desktop is way bigger than the screen at the desired resolution of 1920x1080. I can size windows to make them exactly fit the screen, but I can't get to any toolbars on the desktop since they are off the top or bottom. I hope to resolve this last issue soon.
I too have this same problem and am working on it. What I would have done is to build some mode lines to get things to work but the Nvida readme on there driver is explicit is saying: “Additionally, the NVIDIA driver contains a hardcoded list of mode sizes that it can drive for each combination of TV encoder and TV standard. Therefore, custom modelines in your X configuration file are ignored for TVs.” Under windows XP this does not seem to be a limitation as one can set overscan independently for vertical and horizontal picture size with the TV out. I have tried the TVOverScan option in the Nvida driver and it does not seem to have any effect. I don’t know what our options are at this point as the driver seems limited.
Charles.Swenson is offline   Reply With Quote