View Single Post
Old 02-05-07, 01:55 PM   #1
denver

Default OpenGL apps crash - FreeBSD 6.2/9631

Hello,

I looked through existing posts and didn't find anything helpful. If I missed something I apologize.

Anyway, I have a system with a GeForce2 MX 100/200. I've used this previously with FreeBSD 5.x and 7174 with no problems. Recently I set up a new system with FreeBSD 6.2, the same video card, same monitor, and same xorg.conf. I discovered that I now needed to use driver 9631, so I downloaded NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-1.0-9631 and installed that. Everything seems to be ok, including xdpyinfo and glxinfo. Nvidia-settings works fine, as well as glxgears, but every other OpenGL application crashes immediately with a segmentation fault. The final item in a back trace is:
#1 0x28878250 in _nv001238gl () from /lib/libGLcore.so.1
I tried removing kernel agp support and including
Option "NvAGP" "1"
in xorg.conf, but that didn't change anything. The old system was SMP and so is the new one, if that's significant.

It just occurred to me that perhaps something that happened during the install might be a clue: I originally tried installing 7174 and discovered that it didn't work with 6.x, I downloaded 9746 and installed that. However, when I tried starting X, I discovered that that version didn't have support for my card. Then I downloaded and installed 9631. Is it possible that there's something from 9746 still hanging around causing this?

Thanks,

Denver
denver is offline   Reply With Quote