View Single Post
Old 02-09-07, 02:15 PM   #14
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: DVD and video playback on LCD HDTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertBanana
If I have a 32in HDTV LCD with a 1366x768 native resolution, and I try and watch a DVD or a video file from my PC,.... what resolution will the media be displayed at, ie, will it be at the files own resolution, or will the TV enlarge it to fill the screen?
Okey so let me get this straight, you want to connect your pc to your TV and watch a DVD on the pc? So you're basically using the lcd tv as a monitor?

And if this is what you're planning on doing the only question you should be asking is whether the picture on your TV will show up correctly, as in 1:1 pixel mapping. So the resolution of the movie in question won't really matter as you'll be able to stretch to fit the screen whatever the quality. It will work just as any pc monitor out there. Hope this helped!