View Single Post
Old 02-13-07, 10:04 AM   #1
martin_rsch

Default RMT - Real Money Trading - Research help needed please...

Hello everyone,

I've been a player on MMO's for ages now in a number of games so I figured I might pose a question to my fellow MMORPG gamers:

Basically I'm doing research for my university dissertation on group influence regarding the decision to engage in Real Money Trade for games like Warcraft, SW: Galaxies, Second Life etc and I therefore need some people to answer a word document based interview so I can construct an analysis of the general opinions of how group influence impacts the decision - if that makes sense

There are only 7 questions and the whole thing shouldn't take more than 20 minutes I would think, it's all completely confidential and anonymous no details would ever be passed onto anyone else (which is why I ask participants not to put their names on the document) - i wouldn't cheat my fellow gamers like that! Responders will never be revealed on this forum too to ensure complete anonymity.

If you'd like to take part please ping me and I will send you the word doc. I'd really really really appreciate it, it'd help me out so much.

Ideally you will have had experience in the Real Money Trade else the questions probably wont make any sense to you, however if you know people who could be interested please let me know as well.

As an incentive, i'll paypal any participant 1 for their time to fill it out. Not much I know, but I'm a student and I can't afford to pay loads.

I don't want to offend or anger anyone posting about such a touchy subject - the whole interview is designed to be completely impartial so players who are positive about the idea of RMT and those who are negative about it are invited to participate, although those who are negative about it I must admit may have to answer questions hypothetically.

Thanks for your time! I really appreciate it.

Please ping me if you are interested

PS - I'm aware this is my first post but I've been watching for a while and enjoying the banter
martin_rsch is offline   Reply With Quote