0) Are you experiencing a problem, or are you just concerned about the Xid?
the X server does not come up -> text blinking characters
(video memory corruption?)
The machine is still up (ssh).
1) How can this problem be reproduced?
2) Does this reproduce if you're not using the Composite extension?
# Option "UseEdidFreqs"
# Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI"
# Option "NoLogo"
# Option "NoBandWidthTest"
# Option "AllowGLXWithComposite"
-> same errors (corrupted display and Xid messages)
(EE) NVIDIA(0): Error recovery failed.
(EE) NVIDIA(0): *** Aborting ***
(II) NVIDIA(0): Setting mode "2560x1600"
(WW) NVIDIA(0): The NVIDIA X driver has encountered too many errors. Falling
(WW) NVIDIA(0): back to legacy PCI mode.
3) Have you verified that you're using the latest motherboard BIOS?
4) Does this problem persist with a more recent kernel?
it's the latest one from opensuse.