View Single Post
Old 02-19-07, 07:41 AM   #80
Xion X2

Default Re: Vanguard: FFA PvP Server

Well, I'm finding it awfully rough going w/ the sorcerer right now. It just seems like they expect that everyone's playing w/ a necro or warrior(which admittedly many are) and are great in close combat. I can't always team up with people; sometimes I'm by myself, and most of these quests lately have just been next to impossible. They place the enemies as close as checker board pieces, and no matter how careful I try to be they always end up teaming up on me and whipping my *#&!

I'll pick one enemy out to target--and never do it when it's standing in the middle of a group, always wait until it's by itself--and still 2 or 3 of his buddies from the other side of the screen will take off after me and gang-*)!!& the *#@(! out of me since sorcerers have weak armor. I haven't even found an armor vendor since Hathor Zhi, and that was beginner time. Long way back.

Not only that, I'm finding that even w/ my strong spells they're deflecting half of them sometimes. Yeah, sure--it's not bad enough that I'm bad in close combat, but then they take my distance combat away from me.

I don't know. I was really liking this game for a while, but here lately it just seems the deck is stacked against my class. I don't think the difficulty is very well-balanced.

Maybe I'm missing something? This is my first MMO and I'm open to advice. I have used my attribute points and looked for the best armor I could find. I've also trained and have the best spells. The only thing I haven't done much of is harvest/skin and craft. Should I be doing that to make better armor?

I'll tell you one thing. I am past the point of being tired of re-spawning and scouring the entire world map for tombstones. That @($*! has gotten old real quick.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote