View Single Post
Old 02-19-07, 10:33 PM   #82
Xion X2

Default Re: Vanguard: FFA PvP Server

Thanks for that very detailed information, Mal. I'll check out the forums and gather some helpful advice.

I've found out that I'm just going to have to group most of the time as the sorcerer, and to be honest, I'd rather just stay in that class. I think my spell attacks are probably some of the strongest attacks on the game (I dealt 700+ damage often w/ a chained spell attack on my most recent group mission this afternoon), but when enemies get right up on me I just have no defense for it. I need someone else there with me doing melee or healing like I did today. I found two people to venture with today, and one was a healer, one a warrior, and we sync'ed together quite well.

I have no problem with grouping when I can, because I'd rather group than not. I enjoy it a lot more. But like you hit on, sometimes you simply just can't, and there are some times where I do just like to get out and explore on my own. To top it off, a lot of guys on this game are rushing from place to place and quest to quest as fast as they can like their lives depended on it, and I don't do that. I like to take my time and plan things out a little more, so sometimes I will break away into a new area and just explore or tweak my armor or abilities or whatever.

One thing I've found is that if I sit around an area and wait then one or two others may come to my location and I can group w/ them. That happened today with the rune mission which I was able to complete with two others and then they invited me on a subsequent quest with them.

So I'm back into it now--just going to have to be a little more discrete when dealing with quests that should be grouped from the beginning instead of wasting time trying to tackle it all by myself.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote