View Single Post
Old 02-21-07, 05:51 PM   #3
usr/thomas

Default Re: 3D accel only works over VGA, not DVI (7800GS)

thanks for the quick reply. okies, being new-ish to Linux, I've had some trouble finding some of this stuff, but have done what I could, hope it's enough. btw, finally found glxinfo but it's an executable - when I dbl-click on it nothing seems to happen; if it's producing some output somewhere, I can't find it.

I've attached 3 sections of logs and 2 bug reports:

some things I've noticed in particular

the .old bug is before I told it to load the proprietary drive, the other one is after. when I hit the "test" button after loading the prop driver (still b4 rebooting, tho), I don't get the black screen / "no input" message, I get the error mesage shown in the report:

an error occurred
(EE) failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so
(EE) failed to load module /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so
try to change some parameters

now, I've looked to where this is pointing and the libglx.so *is* there

another thing I noticed is that the kdm.log says "(EE) AIGLX: DRI module not loaded" while the other 2 logs show that AIGLX *is* loaded

and the other 2 logs are showing this:

Feb 21 13:51:46 localhost kernel: 0000:00:02.0 OHCI: BIOS handoff failed (BIOS bug ?) 00000784
Feb 21 13:51:46 localhost kernel: Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 93x31
Feb 21 13:51:46 localhost kernel: RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 32000K size 1024 blocksize
Feb 21 13:51:46 localhost kernel: NFORCE2: BIOS didn't set cable bits correctly. Enabling workaround.

hope this helps but let me know if more info is needed, thanks much
Attached Files
File Type: log kdm.log (42.1 KB, 98 views)
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (98.4 KB, 95 views)
usr/thomas is offline   Reply With Quote