View Single Post
Old 05-09-03, 08:25 AM   #21
tsubasa

Default re

In all of my test, i have never seen a Nvidia logo.

Not lucky is my second name in linux hardware

But i dont understand, i have no tricks to try. Why ?
U say :
"What motherboard chipset do you have? Is it a KT400 by any chance?

Take a look in /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/host-bridge."
I say i have a KT333 u dont think the origine of problem is the same on the 2 mainboard ?

Why u dont demand to me to try some command for KT400 like that :

"I've got a GeForce3 sitting in VIA KT400 chipset.
First I've tried the 2.4.21-rc1-ac4 kernel which supposedly has good kt400-agpgart (only 2x) support. Didn't work.
Then I've set all necessary options in the XF86Config to use NvAgp, set AGP to 4x (hey, if agp then let's do it right), installed the latest driver 43.63 (without the installer) - all options were right...but all I got was a lousy black screen with nothing else to do then reboot.
I've fought with this error for hours...to find a solution in a completely different corner. It has turned out that IRQ handling must be managed by the BIOS and not ACPI (now go figure why).
All you need to do is insert an append string like that into your lilo.conf:

append = " pci=noacpi pci=biosirq"
"
Or why u dont demand to me to replace my agp drivers ?
you sure my probleme dont come from that ?
How i can for install NVagp ?

Please do u have some ideas of commands or tricks sensible to get my system work ?

I have seen on this forum a lot of error related to KT400 mainboard, for all this people its impossible and insoluble like me ?
No i think some people have get her nvidia running well on KT400 and KT333 certainly, how this people do ? i want to know :'(

I dont understand why u say i must post my problem at nvidia support, i work hard to retrieve all this log, its hopeless to think andy is an official Support for us? if is true, andy have my log and my description probleme here, if is false i dont understand why andy have in her signature Nvidia Coporation.

Thanks for all

Sorry for my little brutality but iam choked.

Last edited by tsubasa; 05-09-03 at 08:46 AM.
tsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote