View Single Post
Old 02-27-07, 05:09 PM   #2
nrdstrm

Default Re: LOTR stress test

Interesting view...
My Take - Some people like instancing, and some hate it. I personlly do not like instancing at all. To me it takes away the Massively Multiplayer part our of the MMORPG name...Most people don't even consider Guild Wars to be an MMO. Others love this sort of thing...

On LOTRO - **JUST OPINION BASED OFF COMMENTS OF OTHERS, AND MY VIEW OF TURBINE **
**I HAVE NOT PLAYED IT**
You described pretty much what I have heard. Small world, cookie cutter quests, very little diffentiation in classes, only a few classes etc. etc...I have also heard it's "WoW with the LOTR name on it, but with a smaller world than WoW". I applied for beta long ago, and was interested in the game when it was by a different publisher (It was called Middle Earth Online), but now I just have no desire. I was looking forward to DDO as well, but it was another failed Turbine game. I finally recieved my beta invitation last week for LOTRO, but just gave it to a friend since I'm so addicted to Vanguard ATM. To be fair, it's quite tough to create an MMO based off of and IP like Tolkein, so it's no supprise coupled with the fact that Turbine created it, that it didn't turn out so hot...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote