View Single Post
Old 02-27-07, 09:53 PM   #38
Redeemed

Default Re: Official - Post Your AMD Opteron Overclocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydr0
Yes that's normal. Who REALLY knows why, but I'm guessing something to do with where the 2 cores are compared to where/how the HSF sits.

I am currently running an x2 3800+ [2.0stock] @ 2.8ghz using 1.52v and it passed dual prime over 12 hours before I stopped it. I just got an Opty 165 CCBBE 0615 EPMW. The previous owner ran 2880mhz@1.42v. He hasn't put anymore voltage through the cpu than 1.44. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that I'll be able to hit 3.0 with it around 1.5v.

I am currently waiting for my new coolant to get here so I can flush my watercooling system.

With the x2 my temps are idle: 22C and load: 35C

Looking forward to playing with that Opty in its new board. A nf4 SLI-DR Expert.
You'll love it. I'm loving this Opty- except for the temps. I can't oc at all with it this hot. Hopefully I'll get it figured out before too much longer.

Infact, I've even thought of just running it at 2Ghz- that should bring the temps down considerably- and it'd be about the equivalent of an X2 3800 which is a huge jump over what I was previously running anyways.

I've got FEAR running in the background, and I've been playing for about an hour- temps haven't breached 50*C yet according to CoreTemp. I can handle this for now. I want it cooler though so I can oc!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote