View Single Post
Old 02-28-07, 02:38 PM   #24
wnd
Nerd, Geek, Freak

Default Re: Which Distro Are You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoko3k
I love to have performance, smallness, and the ability to configure what i am using, so...
Gentoo, of course!
I'm trying hard not to start a distowar or a flaming thread but I can't just hold all of it inside. It's nothing personal, but somehow Gentoo users always remind me of Windows-fanatics. They use every single available knob and lever to tune performance of their box. At the end they spend significant time to gain insignificant advantage over stock configuration. I would understand running Gentoo on a box with very little mass storage space (assuming everything would be compiled outside the box), but with modern hardware this is hardly necessary. IIRC 170 MiB harddrive used to be more than enough for Debian potato.

Christianity, noun: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. [mad.frog]
wnd is offline   Reply With Quote