View Single Post
Old 03-01-07, 12:15 PM   #33
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: Vanguard... what an improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
To be quite honest, i think the penalties for dieing in Vanguard are rather leniant. You do realize you don't have to go running for your corpse dont you? All you have to do is go to an alter(which is usually RIGHT BESIDE WHERE YOU SPAWN AFTER YOU DIE!) . The alter will summon your corpse to you and a very small degrade in armor durability. Isn't that the exact same way WoW works? I think the penalties for dieing in Vanguard are pretty much non-existant. If anything they need to be cranked up a notch?

EQ with a new engine? hah I wish. In vanguard you are babied ALOT more than in EQ.

The quest systems are very easy. It takes max 20 minutes to finish even the hardest of quests. Thats too long?

The mobs are very easy. Last night my lvl 14 Dread Knight(now lvl 15) took out a 2 dot lvl 19 Wyvern completely solo. He also took out a 3 dot lvl 17 completely solo. On top of all that, dread knights aren't even close to over powered. Pallies and Disciples can do even better than that!

Ability to have horses at a very low lvl, can be twinked very well with next to zero money, can teleport to nearly wherever you want, EVERY class can cast gate...... That sounds like EQ to you? Other than WoW, this is probably the easiest MMORPG I have ever played. Everything is very dumbed down imo..... still fun though.

One thing I will say, is that the graphics engine does need a little bit of work. Compared to when I was in beta(beta 2 3 and up until the release of 4) the performance has increased by ten fold. Its still not great, but they are getting there. I have a feeling alot of the problems this game is having is due to the fact it was made with the physx card in mind. I can have my graphics cranked all the way up and the FPS are nearly the same as very low. Something isn't right.. but I'm sure it will get fixed.

I'm glad you are loving the game UDawg(). I sent you my info. Hopefully I'll see you on.
Don't get me wrong. I am scepitcal but I am not ruling this out. I actually really want it to work for me. I still like WoW but I want something new. Like I said, I only played for two levels. That is hardly enough time for me to make a informed decission on the game.

Now let me get this straight. You do not have to run back to your body naked to retrieve your gear? You can rez at a alter and get your gear right there with a small amount of armor degradation as in WoW?
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote