View Single Post
Old 03-01-07, 03:08 PM   #52
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: Vanguard... what an improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
you do have an XP penalty. To my knowledge every MMORPG on the face of this earth besides WOW has an experience penalty of some kind. Hell, most RPG's period do. Like i said, its not major. I have no idea where Xionn is finding that the experience loss is that great because it really isnt.... I died a good 4 times just last night.
What does that have to do with my opinion that an xp penalty for dying is stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
No, joking about you expecting a 2 y/o computer to run a game smoothly that was just released using the Unreal engine and graphical effects we've never seen before---like volumetric clouds, for instance.
I wasn't expecting it to run it smoothly. My point was that I know my computer is slower but even at the lower settings, the game is herky-jerky. Is known for bad performance. It does seem better than it was during the beta. In fact I can have most settings on medium high and it runs good. THe problem is it is inconsistent with all things being the same in the surroundings.

Quote:
I had a kickass Dell computer a little over two years ago that would get its ass kicked by most modern day games now. The tech advances a little faster than that, and you have to keep up with it.
LOL! No you don't. My computer can run all the games out today just fine. Sure I have to settle for medium settings but it does fine.

Quote:
Not saying that Vanguard's well optimized, because it isn't, but most games out there won't run smoothly on a 2-year old machine w/ decent graphics settings.
Yes they will. I have most of the newest games out today. I'm not a n00b to computers either. I've built computers for well over a decade.

Of course building a new puter would be great for this game but you agreed with my main point. The game is not well optomized.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote