View Single Post
Old 03-01-07, 04:47 PM   #56
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: Vanguard... what an improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
What kind of video card are you running, UDawg? Because even my X850XT started to struggle with games like F.E.A.R. on medium settings (1152x864, 2xAA), and I had that card less than two years ago.
6800U. I don't have any AA on.

Quote:
A little over two years ago, I think I had a Radeon 9800 Pro which gets its ass kicked by games today at medium settings. Oblivion runs around 20-25fps on medium settings w/ it.
The 9800 is a year older than the 6800U and it was not as fast. So it would stand to reason you would have a bit more trouble than me.

Quote:
This often comes down to semantics, because everyone's description of "good performance" differs. Mine is anything with good graphics and over 30fps consistently. I stand by my original statement, even if you may happen to disagree with it.
30fps is fine with me also. I am not hugely picky on FPS until I really start to notice is around 20fps.

No I don't disagree with you much at all. I am only pointing out that the game is not optomized at all. It is sluggish and inconsistent. Now it is not the worst I have seen and it is far better than BETA. I am only saying it has quite a ways to go before it is a game that can run well across the board.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote