View Single Post
Old 03-01-07, 05:54 PM   #1
Hambone

Default Vanguard Questions

I've played WoW more than I'd like to admit and EQ2 since it lauched. I've been playing with the idea of trying Vanguard, and was curious about some things...

A) Is the guild system anything like EQ2's?
-The guild itself has a level
-Players do quests and such for Status and the guild gets 10% as Guild XP
-Achievments (leveling up, killing an epic) auto note on the guild channel
-When the guild hit's a decate lvl (10,20,30....) the whole server gets a message
-Guild Bank (that grows in size with the guild level)
-Items that can only be purchased when your guild is at a certain level

B) Housing?
-It might be fruity but I really enjoy my status house in EQ2 loaded up with items I've spent a lot of time getting and such. Adding items to a house is pretty cool

C) Content?
-Unlike WoW (PVP, Faction Grinding, Cash Grinding) EQ2 has a billion things to do with your time at max level. Any idea how Vanguard might be?

D) Future?
-Unlike WoW which seems to only get BS PVP and Raid updates, EQ2 is now on it's 32nd live update which added a lot of cool thigns. Since SOE is now part of Vanguard I was wondering if it will benifit from the same level of content updating. Not to mention how much EQ2 has been improved over the last two years.

Really my biggest thing is player base. WoW is suppose to have 8 million now. That's fine... so much of the population seems to be freaking annoying teenagers. EQ2's population is so much better - far and above. But EQ2's population is pretty static and suppose to be around only 225,000 players total. I'm wondering if Vanguard is just doomed from launch to be one of the dozens of 225,000 or less MMO's or if it has any chance of holding at the 1 Million mark after the first year or so?

So tempted to just go buy it.. hehe
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote