View Single Post
Old 03-04-07, 03:03 PM   #3
swanvith

Default Re: Poor performance 1.0-9746 / Quadro NVS 280 PCI / FC6-x86-2.6.19-1

Thanks for the advice. I know about PCI's limitations, I do use the latest bios version, and a smaller desktop does not change much.

The system used is a barebone that offers two PCI slots for expansion only. Even considering this, i was hoping to get a better performance then with the very poor onboard sis graphics.

I was expecting at least decent 2D performance allowing the usage with desktop and multimedia applications. But right now, i can watch the windows moving, drawing traces on the desktop, and after 1 or 2 seconds, finally settling at their new location. Wondering how this card can be a member of nvidias "professional series" if this is the performance one has to be happy with.

PCi is 8x slower then AGPx4, but the benchmark results I got are far worse than that. How can it be, that users of other low end cards report glxgears performances in the range of 4000-5000 FPS at 1600x1200 even in dual head configuration and I'm getting lousy 70fps on a single screen? 70 times slower can't be due to the PCI bus only, can it?

How much slower is the PCI version of the NVS 280 supposed to be compared to the AGP one, and do you have benchmark results for it?
swanvith is offline   Reply With Quote