View Single Post
Old 03-05-07, 06:47 PM   #5
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: My impressions of Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Ahhh, screw reviews. Some of them would have you believing that Jet-Set-Radio was the greatest game ever made, like Gamespot did a while back. They're unreliable.

Don't get defensive; I'm not trying to change your opinion. If you don't think it's that good, that's fine. I just voiced my own by disagreeing with you.

I have, and I agree with you. I was just unclear on your comment about "graphics optimization," because that sounds more like you were making the statement that the game didn't look that good, which is entirely different from game performance.

I didn't do that. Check yourself, UDawg. You were just unclear about what you were meaning with your vague term "graphics optimization" which could mean either the way a game looks or the way it plays with said graphics enabled.

My comment about your graphics hardware was in regards to the possibility that you were saying the game looked bad.

Well WoW's physics may be better, but it is downright ass-ugly compared to Vanguard. This much I know. That game looks horrible.
Its cool.

I really do like the game. It is my tye of MMO. I also think the game looks great even on my computer. I think the physics of the game are the biggest hinderance to it being fantastic IMO.

Now I like WoW's style of graphic. They went for style over realizm. At the same time I like Vanguard's realistic look. I do like the feel of being in a semi-real forest. Although the cities to suck. There just isn't much to them. This is just a matter of taste in the look of the game. If you like a cartoony style then you will like the look of WoW. If you like a more realistic style then you will like Vanguard. BUT if you like a more free flowing game then WoW blows Vanguard out of the water. It is a more exciting game. I like them both but WoW is just a better over all game, dispite not having that realistic look to the graphics.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote