This game rocks. I don´t know what they did but I´m having a blast with it and enjoy it a lot more than the 360 version.
- Physics of the cars are better. They drive more realistic and feel heavier than the 360 cars. The feedback from the tires is better as well.
- Proper AF
- Better looking HDR (with AA
- Slightly better looking textures
- Much better looking traffic AI cars (polygons and detail)
- Engine sounds seem to be improved
- Excellent framerate (60+fps at maxed out settings 1280x1024/16AF/4AA)
- There are sometimes very short pauses (less than half second) when you drive fast into a new area. Not enough pre-caching? Engine limitation?
- LODing of the racing cars could be better, especially the step from low to medium LOD is quite visible.
- I can see some flickering in distant trees but its pretty rare.
- I´m not sure if the game supports 5.1 surround sound. Either I´m deaf or it´s quite hard to hear.
- CTD every 3 hours
Verdict: Overall an excellent port of a racing game that is enjoyable for casual/arcade racers but also sim racers. While there are some minor issues, I think the good sides outweight them by far, especially considering its a port. 8.6/10