View Single Post
Old 03-05-07, 11:43 PM   #5
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard
Default Re: Temps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Do not run the processor over 60C for long periods of time. Intel says "not good."

For voltage increases, most E6600's seem to hit a wall at 3.2 w/ stock voltage. I bump mine up in quarters of a tenth at a time. Like from 1.3-->1.325, for example, and test it to see if it's stable. If it isn't, then I'll bump it to 1.35. And so on...

In my case, my 6600 will get to 3.2 easy on stock voltage. But I have to bump it to 1.4 to get it to 3.35, and I have to bump it to 1.5v to get it to 3.5, and then 1.6 to get to 3.6. And then 1.7 ( ) to get to 3.8ghz.

It all comes down to luck of the draw. Some overclock better than others. That's the joy of this game. Unpredictability.

I will probably hold off on O/Cing until I can grab a better HSF. It seems to run a bit hot right now, and I am almost scared to do any gaming that uses both cores. BF2, and most of my games don't raise the temp very much at all. You'd think with intel saying that the stock HSF would do it good. Yet someone how that TAT soft can heat my CPU up to 65c even at stock.