View Single Post
Old 03-07-07, 06:29 AM   #9
Blacklash
8^9^3

Default Re: My impressions of Vanguard

Defeating bloom and using HDR instead helped smooth my game out a lot. I tried that because I remembered the 8800 is a HDR beast and from other games not wanting to combine bloom and HDR well.

Also they have definitely improved the loading. You still have times when the systems stops to load large chunks and that has been greatly reduced. Using the /flush command occasionally is a good idea to clear caches. I can run 1680x with 16xAF and all detail sliders pegged right without issue. Cities with many players in close proximity can slow you down and I improved that as noted in the opening. The game does need work.

If you hate the game now try it again in 6 months or so. They are making progress.

I am still waiting for a good Sci-fi MMO myself. If I had total control over AO I could turn that into an acceptable game, and the engine is far too old for my tastes.

SoE are increasing the Station pass price to 29.95 soon and I may take a break from pay to play MMOs myself. Honestly, "Oblivion" and the "Baldur's Gate" series feel more like RPGs than any MMORPG I have ever played. If anyone ever makes a pay to play MMO where Rogues advance and play somewhat like "Thief: The Dark Project" I'll probably be back. For now I am tired of kill, kill, kill.
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote