Hi all my first post of many on these forums....lol
Ok my oppinion is that the EVGA board wins hands down and my reasons are simple...
1) The asus bottles at memory speeds above 800mhz
2) The EVGA supports upto 1200mhz
3) Corsair dominator 4x1gig d5 modules at 1066mhz is awesome in the EVGA
4) The asus board wont even run that type of mem
5) EVGA is better for overclocking and a hell of a lot more stable
Check out the benchmarks in the top 20 3dmark06.......the EVGA boards are all over the place at least 14 of the top 20 are evga.