View Single Post
Old 03-13-07, 02:58 PM   #59
Xion X2

Default Re: Double Experience Weekend on Vanguard... Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
There is a reason why nobody plays Vanguard. Once people found out that a MMO could be fun and not a insane grind fest like EQ they flocked to it. This is why WoW is such a hit.
Give me a break. Vanguard has been out for what? A month? Do you think that might be why "nobody plays [it]" in comparison to WoW which has been out for like 2 1/2 years now?

Quote:
Vanguard is fun to a point but it really is one dimensional.
One-dimensional according to what? Could you never get into the crafting, diplomacy, or harvesting aspects of the game?

And before you get your panties all in a wad, I'm not just trying to argue with you and you're not hurting my feelings about Vanguard. But the things that come out of your mouth just make no sense.

You can say you have to grind too much on Vanguard. Fine. But the game is not one-dimensional; it has many different paths of gameplay that you can take for endless hours.

Maybe it's "one-dimensional" compared to WoW.. I wouldn't know. I sat down and played WoW for about an hour and a half and never could get over how crappy the graphics were. I know a lot of people like it and so it's probably a great game, but if I'm going to spend hundreds and hundreds of hours playing something then it has to at least look decent.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote