View Single Post
Old 03-13-07, 04:21 PM   #63
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: Double Experience Weekend on Vanguard... Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Give me a break. Vanguard has been out for what? A month? Do you think that might be why "nobody plays [it]" in comparison to WoW which has been out for like 2 1/2 years now?
Sorry, no one plays Vangaurd. They are all playing WoW. If it gets bigger, good for Vanguard fans. I don't begrudge you gaining more players.

Quote:
One-dimensional according to what? Could you never get into the crafting, diplomacy, or harvesting aspects of the game?

And before you get your panties all in a wad, I'm not just trying to argue with you and you're not hurting my feelings about Vanguard. But the things that come out of your mouth just make no sense.

You can say you have to grind too much on Vanguard. Fine. But the game is not one-dimensional; it has many different paths of gameplay that you can take for endless hours.
It is one dimensional. Either you grind killing mobs or you grind harvesting, or crafting. Like I said the crafting system is excelent. I wish WoW had a similar system. And the deplomacy is very fun. I have to give you that.

Quote:
Maybe it's "one-dimensional" compared to WoW.. I wouldn't know. I sat down and played WoW for about an hour and a half and never could get over how crappy the graphics were. I know a lot of people like it and so it's probably a great game, but if I'm going to spend hundreds and hundreds of hours playing something then it has to at least look decent.
You are at a huge disadvantate by not playing WoW. WoW is faster paced, better physics and great PVP.

Graphics? You really want to talk about graphics? LOL! at least WoW's engine works. Sure its stylized cartoon look may not look at good as Vanguards excelent realistic look but they knew enough to not over bloat graphics in a faster paced game. The more graphics you have the more you slow the online experience down. Ya have to balance out the netcode with the graphics. So if you have to have a high end computer to run it then you appeal to a very small number of people. Blizzard did this right.

Now in the future Vanguard will get their engine to run smooth but right now it is total crap.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote