View Single Post
Old 03-13-07, 09:29 PM   #70
Xion X2

Default Re: Double Experience Weekend on Vanguard... Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Why would you compare graphics between the two? I don't think anyone ever said WoW had better graphics...I still prefer the "cartoony" art style of WoW to the generic look of Vanguard to be honest though. Karazhan still looks amazing despite the lack of bump-mapping. And it stays locked at 60fps at 1920x1200.
Umm, because graphics are a big factor in whether or not many people will buy the game/get into the experience?

A game that has cartoony, N64-like graphics such as WoW is really hard for individuals like myself to get into in this day and age when there are other very good MMOs out there like Vanguard which slaughter it in visuals.

I mean, let's be realistic. I like to bring up my emulator every now and then and play some old-skool Zelda for a couple of hours, but I'm not going to sit there in front of it night after night months upon months and play it the length of time that these MMOs require. As I said before, if I'm going to be looking at a game for that length of time, then I want it to be visually impressive.

I don't see why you have a problem with that kind of mindset. If you would adjust a few settings in your graphics panel, then you could get Vanguard locked at 30+fps on your single GTX. I know it's possible, because I've done it. Scale the draw distance down some (not a ton, just a little), turn bloom off, turn shadows down to 50%, and you have a game that runs well and still looks a heck of a lot better than WoW.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote