Guys a quick note;
The AHCI driver is part of Vista so if you have your SATA drives in IDE mode and want to switch to AHCI do the below registry edit:
1. Exit all Windows-based programs.
2. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
3. If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
4. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
5. In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
7. On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.
Then go into your BIOS and set AHCI for your SATA drives. Upon boot Vista will install the proper driver and you'll be set.