View Single Post
Old 03-14-07, 11:56 AM   #81
Xion X2

Default Re: Double Experience Weekend on Vanguard... Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
No, he has never played WoW.
I've said on 4-5 different occasions now that I have played WoW. Granted, it wasn't more than 1.5-2 hours, but it was plenty time to get at least a taste of what its graphics engine had to offer.

And when I look at pictures like these:

I'm reminded of N64. Low poly-count, low detail. Maybe they were playing it on a crappy computer, but 2-2.5 years ago they should've at least had a 7800GTX they were testing it out with, which should make a game look a heck of a lot better than that.

Can any of you post some screens of it on your high-end rigs? I'm trying to keep an open mind here. The more MMOs out there I can play, the better.

And in response to Ninjaman, I don't think I ever said anywhere that graphics alone make a good game. I just mentioned that it's a major part of the experience, especially when you're playing MMOs because you're playing it for so many hours straight. And games with poor graphics just do not draw you in as much as games with good graphics.

And I don't get Ninjaman's "generic" comment about Vanguard's graphics either. I think the artwork and graphics are both some of the best I've seen. What is so "generic"-looking about this?

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote