View Single Post
Old 03-17-07, 03:11 PM   #14
grey_1

Default Re: beryl black windows bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by macemoneta
You have the bug, you probably just have more memory in your video card. It will take longer for you to experience the problem as a result, but you eventually will.

If you don't want bugs fixed, that's cool. However, sometimes people that pay for equipment have a level of expectation that is different from yours.

At the #1 video vendor, there are no such complaints. Intel's video works great with Beryl. Oh, and no driver needs to be installed by an end-user, since the code is part of X. If you find a bug, you can report it and track it, interacting with the developers directly. That lets you know that progress is being made, and lets the developers know that a given bug is important to the community.

Beryl isn't "Nvidia's baby", but the AIGLX implementation, which is broken, is. Fix it.
Be that as it may, I haven't seen it yet, maybe it does have to do with the video ram.

As far as my equipment and expectations, paid for and maybe higher than yours, so of course I would like to see bugs fixed. But I still haven't seen the bug.