View Single Post
Old 03-18-07, 08:51 PM   #11
Bman212121

Default Re: Zalman CNPS9500LED temps too damn high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpla1@cox.net
I've seen smaller, very light push pin hsf's that I've heard are superior to the zalmans and they look like it too. Check out performance pcs. They might have something better.

Also, when you apply the as5, i've thought it was best to spread it, a small amount so there's no air pockets.

Also, make sure you're using the latest bios, if you aren't already.

Also, maybe the 9700 zalmans are more suitable for the core2 duo, but I'm not sure.

I also think there's some kind of voltage setting that may be causing it to run hot.

Finally, I think the Ultra performance model Panaflos are good, you can buy those from performance-pcs, but I've heard a rude guy answers the phone, but I've never called them, and whenever I've ordered everything's been perfect.
Actually, there are only a few coolers that can even best the Zalman, and they have a lot more metal on them. I'll have to find the link but it was an Anandtech article. EDIT: http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling...spx?i=2943&p=3

According to what I've heard, all you need to do to make AS5 work is put a BB sized drop in the center and smash it down, it will spread under the weight of the cooler. I personally prefer to spread it out with a razor blade, and haven't had any problems like that.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote