View Single Post
Old 03-20-07, 12:05 AM   #18
jellyfish7800gt

Default Re: beryl black windows bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by almatic
hello,

can anyone confirm that the black windows bug still persists with the 9755 driver ?
I'm asking because I have beryl running with this driver for 16 hours now and stresstesting it. I had 40 fullsized konqueror windows open, have all effects activated, let it rain on my desktop and didn't get any black windows so far.

I'm now tempted to use this as default, as the overall performance under kde (like redrawing windows and so on) seems to be significantly better with beryl than without for me. It just has to be stable ...

I have a 8800gts with 640mb ram btw.
I confirm this bug with the 9755 drivers on a 8800 gts (640 MB ram). Unfortunately it doesn't take very long for me to experience this bug with far less than 40 windows open (more like 3-4 will do it).

I have triple-buffering turned on in my xorg.conf, I'm thinking of turning it off, maybe that will reduce the memory used so that I won't see the bug as often.

The copy rendering path is horribly slow so I won't be using it.

Beryl is using the nvidia driver directly on my computer. Does anyone know if this bug happens when Beryl uses XGL or AIGLX as rendering platforms?