View Single Post
Old 03-20-07, 12:00 PM   #23
agentkay

Default Re: Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific gone gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Did it sound like speculation or something that is confirmed? No way I'm getting a game that is locked at 1024x768. Why would they do that?
Warwind, SH4 does not include Starforce, but as most Ubisoft titles, Securom.

OWA, it seems like the info can be considered as confirmed because some people received the retail copies already. There was some speculation that the pirate version had that "problem" but some people with the retail version confirmed it.

To make matters worse, it seems that you can actually select a higher resolution (incl. widescreen) in the settings and the menu and the icons are properly rendered in the higher resolution but the actual 3D engine only upscales from 1024x768 to like 1920x1200 and end the result is quite horrible. Excellent looking GUI in the foreground, horrible upscaled 3D render in the background.

Im not sure what their intention was (misleading customers??), or if its "just" a bug. I know SH3 rendered only 1024x768 as well but with a D3D/DLL hack it was possible to run it properly at a higher resoltion, however when it comes to SH4 it should not be a matter of a hack to fix this problem. I do hope Ubisoft and the dev team see in this problem a priority and fix it ASAP because it is a shame to release a title with a locked resolution like that, and its almost as bad as the Resident Evil 4 PC port.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote