View Single Post
Old 03-20-07, 10:27 PM   #14
arito

Default Re: Please help test the GeForce 8 "nv" driver.

Hello!

My name is Ari Torhamo and I'm offering my help to test the nv driver. Basically I'm more or less a regular user without much OS expertise - I don't program and my skills at the command line are limited. What led me here is that I couldn't get my Ubuntu installation to work with my Leadtek GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB graphics card properly.

I'm using Ubuntu Feisty (the developement version) with the latest updates. The installation is just a couple of days old and I haven't installed any graphics packages on top of the defaults. The driver in use is vesa, because the version of nv available in Ubuntu, 1.2.2.1, obviously doesn't support my card.

I already downloaded your 2.0.0 driver and tried to proceed along the instructios you gave. I faced a problem right in the beginning. After downloading and extracting the package I did

./configure --prefix=/usr && make install

and got

checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

The log file is included as an attachement.

I'm sure you are busy with the developement work and I hope it's not too much trouble for you to assist me with the driver installation. Ofcourse anyone else here who understands the problem is welcome to help. Thanks :-)
Attached Files
File Type: log config.log (7.7 KB, 104 views)
arito is offline   Reply With Quote