Dont forget this is about nvidia not able to read the EDID. If you're doing this, I suggest disabling your modeline.
You dont fill in anything in the program. Follow these steps
1. Tools -> Extract Registry EDID
2. Select your device (hmm it doesnt seem to work with wine here anymore, I hope you have windows somewhere, cause personally i cant select a device and in windows I could)
3. click Extract EDID
4. File -> Export
5. change file-type to .raw
6. give it a name, e.g. custom_EDID
7. put in on your linux drive, e.g. /etc/X11/custom_EDID.raw
8. edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and in the Device section add:
Option "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP-0"
Option "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/etc/X11/custom_EDID.raw"
edit: made myself a little more clear